SEVEN THINGS TEENAGERS NEED TO KNOW (AND SO DO THE REST OF US)
- You do not have to be in a romantic relationship to enjoy your high school years. Read Romans 8:28
- You are beautiful in a unique way, even if no one has ever told you that. Read Psalm 139:14
- Your education is important, but you are not defined by your GPA, the classes you take, where you’re going to college, or what you do after high school. Read Matt. 6:34
- It’s o.k. if you don’t fit in. It’s o.k. if you’re not like other teens. No matter how much pressure you feel to fit in with a certain group or be included with certain people, standing out is not always easy, but it’s a good thing and it will make you stronger and braver than you’ve ever been. Read Rom. 12:21
- Don’t beat yourself up over the past. In Jesus, there is forgiveness for all sins no matter what has happened. Read Gal. 5:1
- Surround yourself with wise people that are older than you and believe what you believe. Don’t ever feel like you’re in this alone, especially if you’re dealing with abuse or self-harm. God has placed people in your life to help. Read Prov. 19:20
- Never feel like you have to dress a certain way or act a certain way just to win the approval of someone else or a certain clique at school. As a follower of Christ, you’re not after people approval. You’re after God approval! Read Gal. 1:10
Growing up is inevitable. Peter Pan is fiction, no matter how much we want to wish we didn’t have to grow up, we do. Sometimes it’s fun and fascinating, but often it is hard and full of pressure and mixed messages. God is always right, and His message is always consistent. Trust Him!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (Prov. 3:5).
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday (Psalm 37:4-6).
Paul’s prayer for the Romans is also his and our prayer for you: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may about in hope” (Rom. 15:13).