WHAT DO WE GET IN JESUS?
The Bible teaches that God is the ultimate Giver of gifts. (John 3.16) His greatest gift was and is His Son! Perhaps we should pause to consider: "What did we get in the Son of God?"
1) A LIGHT THAT CANNOT BE PUT OUT. Jesus said: "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8.12, NASB). To a world groping in the darkness of ignorance, superstition, cruelty, barbarity, and lust, Jesus brought light. John says: "The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." (John 1.5.)
2) A WAY THAT CANNOT BE CLOSED DOWN. In response to the anguished question, "How can we know the way…?," Jesus replied: "I am the way, the truth, and the life…" (John 14.6.) In a directionless, purposeless, aimless world Jesus opened a "new and living way" to the Father, (Hebrews 10.20.) "Through Him we… have access by one Spirit unto the Father." (Ephesians 2.18.)
3) A HOPE THAT WILL NOT FADE AWAY. Peter says that Jesus "according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope… to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you…" (1 Pt. 1.3-4). Nothing can take that assurance away from us because it is rooted in the finished work of Christ.
4) A SALVATION THAT CANNOT BE USED UP. Jesus is the "author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him." (Hebrews 5.9) Jesus saves! He has not gone out of business; He has not run out of forgiveness. In Christ we still have "redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1.14)
5) A LOVE THAT WILL NOT RUN OUT. Jesus said: "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." (John 15.13, NASB). Paul says, "Christ has loved us and hath given himself for us…" (Ephesians 5.2) Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8.38-39.)
"What did we get when Christ came into this world?" Everything!!! "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9.15)
With brotherly affection - Andy