7 Things Our Loving God Hates (video sermon)
1st John 4:8
“If we want to know what truly pleases God,
we also must know what displeases God.”
Proverbs 6:12-15, 16-19
1. Haughty Eyes / A Proud Look —> Proverbs 16:18
2. A Lying Tongue —> Matthew 12:37
3. Hands That Shed Innocent Blood —> Matthew 5:21-22)
4. A Heart That Devises Wicked Plans —> Matthew 15:18,19
5. Feet That Run Rapidly To Evil —> Isaiah 59:7
6. A False Witness Who Breathes Lies —> Exodus 20:16; Proverbs 19:5
7. Sowing Discord Among Brothers & Sisters —> Romans 16:17-18
Isaiah 14 teaches us that Satan exhibits all of these traits in his rebellion against God. When we say to ourselves, “I’m gonna do it my way”… this is a rebellion against God’s Will. His Will is for us to be more like Him.
Through Prayer and Bible Study, God Can and Will Strength Us to stand up against these traits when we face them in our own lives, or face their negative influences in the world.